Original Title: PROCESSI
Engish Title: PROCESSES
Duration : 24 minutes
Produced by: Adriana Ferrarese & Elvio Manuzzi (ENECE FILM, Italy)
Directed by: Adriana Ferrarese
Edited by: Chiara Tognoli
Dop: Joseph Haley
DISTRIBUTED BY RAI (Royal Anthropological Institute UK) . Film available here:
Like every year, Corigliano Calabro, a small village in the south of Italy, celebrates Easter: from to the passionate debates for carrying a statue, to the investiture of a man to embody Jesus during the procession, « Processi » documents the faith of a village and its ancestral customs .
Comme chaque année la petite ville de Corigliano Calabro dans le sud de L’Italie célèbre Pâques: de l’investiture d’un homme pour incarner le Christ lors d’une procession nocturne, aux débats enflammés pour désigner les porteurs d’une statue , "Processi" documente la foi d'un village et ses modes de célébrations.
DIRECTED BY ADRIANA FERRARESE
Adriana was born in Bergamo- Italy, in 1980. She studied Cinéma in Paris
(Esec-Fémis) and worked as an production assistant and coordinator in fictions and documentaries before creating Ceresa Films in 2013.
« Processi » is her first film as a director and it's the first episode of a trilogy about religious rituals.
* Premiere: October 8th 2016- Festival "Visioni dal Mondo"- Unicredit Pavilion-Milan.
* River Film Festival - Italy- Official selection
* 20th International Religion film Festival- Itay- Official selection
* PerSo Film Festival- Italy- Official Selection
* 14° FIFEQ International Ethnographic Film Festival of Quebec- Montréal
* 20° MEDITERAN FILM FESTIVAL - Official selection- Bosnia and Herzegovina
* MUSEO DEL POBO- 15th International Ethnographic Exhibition - Santiago de Compostela-Spain